ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745809 Members
3780 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to enter BIOS config. Proliant 5500

mike weiss_1

Unable to enter BIOS config. Proliant 5500

When I hit the F10 key, I am unable to enter the bios configuration.
I flashed it to the most recent version.
Any reason that would be.?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to enter BIOS config. Proliant 5500

The F10 diagnostics Partiton is stored on the Hard disks. Did you change disks or wipe out your arrays?

If you did, you will need to "rebuild" the system partiton with a SmartStart CD.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
David Shreffler

How do I get it to boot from the CD?? Will the 3000 automatically boot without setting the BIOS to "Boot from CD"?
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

David,
Unless someone changed the bios... the server should have no problem booting to the cd. In fact...I would love to have a nickel every time I forgot to take the Smartstart cd out of the server before rebooting it... kinda gets tough to boot to an operating system when it's sitting under the Smartstart front end.
By the way...were you ever able to access the F10 partition on this server? And does it actually have an F10 partition?
One quick way to check is to boot to the OS (I'm assuming Windows) and look under Disk Manager and it will show a 36MB EISA partition at the front of drive 0.
If there has never been an F10 partition on this server...you can't go back and put one on. It wants to reside at the zero track of the drives and if there's an OS sitting there...oh well. So your only option then is to either boot to the cd or to a set of System Config diskettes you can create through "Diskette Builder" ...which is also on the Smartstart cd.
Good luck,
Ed Cox
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

...forgot to mention that you have to use Smartstart 5.50 or earlier...
Ed