1752729 Members
5995 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to install MS BackOffice SBS 4.5

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Unable to install MS BackOffice SBS 4.5

During the installation of MS BackOffice SBS 4.5 the Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra2 SCSI Controller isn't recognized on my ML370 P933 machine.
The only way to proceed in the NT setup procedure is to manually add a controller from disk 2 from the SSD (ver. 2.19A). The only relevant drivers available on this disk looks for me
- Compaq Ultra 160/m PCI SCSI Controller (NT4.0), and
- Compaq 32-bit SCSI-2 Controllers for Windows NT 4.0.

After selecting the first one the setup procedure responds that nu such controllers are in the machine. It looks like that by selecting the second one the setup procedure continues normally.

After selecting a partition and some copying of files form the first SBS CD the system has to reboot. This results in:

NTDETECT V4.0 Checking Hardware....
NTDETECT failed

What went wrong????? Can anyone help me on this.

I did it already several times, bet everytime with this result. One remarkable fact is maybe that doing it a second time, and WITHOUT erasing the partition which I used to put on SBS 4.5, the system tells me that this partition was formatted as FAT. And I'm pretty sure I selected (more than once!!) that it has to be NTFS.
Could that be the result of wrong SCSI drivers???

I also tried the trick with pressing F5 on the first NT setup screen. Then the system set up procedure asks for a manufacturers disk. As I understand I have to use disk one of the SSD (see above). But this results in an error:

Cannot find file TXTSETUP.OEM.

Again, who has similiar problems. Any reaction could help me.
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to install MS BackOffice SBS 4.5

It's a known issue with SBS 4.5 and servers that have any type of a diagnostic / system partition. It's becauseThe advisory is located at: http://www.compaq.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/EM990608_CW03_0.html and from Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q225/3/09.asp ....Hope this helps! Stephen
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to install MS BackOffice SBS 4.5

If you have not resolved it - let us know either here, or email to support@compaq.com