ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752699 Members
6209 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to install PSP 7.20 or 7.40

Hi,

I did try to install it, but it does not work.
Error:
"The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.

Press 'Close' to exit Setup."

It is not supported on ML110.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP SIM uses WMI to manage ProLiant 100 series servers. See page 7 of the document "Using HP SMI in a Smaller Windows Environment" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi

can you check the same to install on a pc instead of a server will it work just check it

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

So it means nothing need to be installed on the same.
------------------------------------------
Managing HP ProLiant 100 series servers
The HP ProLiant 100 series servers do not support HP Insight Management Agents. Therefore, HP Systems Insight Manager collects data from ProLiant 100 series servers through Window Management Instrumentation (WMI), which provides basic system inventory reporting. Not all data available in standard WMI will be shown or reported in HP Systems Insight Manager.
You should be able to see the following information:
├в ┬в ROM-based SMBIOS tables populated by the ROM during POST
├в ┬в OS-based information including MAC addresses, IP addresses, domain, OS version and serial number, last boot time, current running processes, and disk information
├в ┬в Standard OS driver information including network, and logical and physical drive storage (from the OS point of view)
HP Systems Insight Manager will also provide up/down status polling of ProLiant 100 series servers.
--------------------------------------------

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you getting this error message
-------------------------------------------
The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) service is required but is not currently installed. Please install the SNMP service and then rerun the setup program.
The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible

OK, thanks.

It is starting to make sense now. One question though, is it possible to use HP Insight Manager 7 to collect and view WMI info, or must I use HP SMI?

And yes, SNMP is installed and running.

Thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes it is not installing on same.
But i remeber myself installing it though mangement cd version 6 once with CIM that time.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible

"Yes it is not installing on same.
But i remeber myself installing it though mangement cd version 6 once with CIM that time."

Sorry Prashant, I am not sure what you mean.

Thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

What i was saying was :

when i used cim 7 then with the same cd i got mangement agent that i was able to install on a pc to use it. I think i was able to do that at that time.

this is for pc i suppose
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/im/client_mgr.html
not sure can be used on a server

Regards,
Prashant s.
Nothing is impossible

"this is for pc i suppose
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/im/client_mgr.html
not sure can be used on a server"

I tried it. It gives a warning not to install it on a Domain Controller, since this server is a Domain Controller I did not install the software.

Thanks