7471 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to install PSP 7.90 on DL360 G4 with SQL 2005

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

have you tried executing file named: bpxxxxxx.cmd which is in PSP when you extract the file

it is cmd extension file hpsum file is an user interaction installation and cmd file is a silence installation

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Girardy
Advisor

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone :)

Up to now, I have decided to do the upgrade manually installing CPxxx one by one.
I'll try this method as soon as there's a new Smartstart's version.

Thanks anyway
Lotosh
Advisor

I'd like to confirm the problem with Smart Start version 7.9 b 7.91. PSP on those CD cannot be installed using both possible installarion methods - installing Windows using Smart Start CD and installing PSP manually on a server. If the first method is used HPSUM executable crashes after first login to the system. If manual installation is invoked HPSUM crashes immediately after start. I tried to turn DEP off to no success.

This behaviour was reproduded on different models of Proliant servers (including DL380G5 and DL320G5). Sometimes HPSUM crashed after first login to a system but worked fine after starting manual installation. Sometimes it crashed in any case. Last time I installed Proliant servers I was forced to run installation packages one by one hoping that some of them could be installed.