108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to install Proliant Teaming util on DL380/Windows 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

Unable to install Proliant Teaming util on DL380/Windows 2003

I tried to install support pack 7.10 and during this operation, I got blue screen. After reboot there was huge delay before machine allowed me to log on (10 mins or more), after that I repeated install and seems like all is fine except HP Teaming utility. While trying to install, Im getting error. I tried to review install log, however I have no idea where to find it. I tryied to install it manually by adding new hardware to system, but without luck.

Any ideas what to do next?
8 REPLIES 8
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Check and see what the error log reports; it is located in c:\cpqsystem\log\cpqsetup.log. I would suggest uninstalling it (from the LAN properties in windows) and then run only the Cp file for the teaming utility - cp004127.exe HP ProLiant Network Configuration Utility 7 for Windows Server 2003
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

dont remember having this problem with PSP7.10 but most certainly i faced this problem a few times with teaming and NIC drivers with PSP 6.4...

So, one way to get around to it, I believe is to download the latest NIC drivers and the Teaming Conifguration utility from the same HP web page where you downloaded the support pack from. Install the NIC drivers from the individual software pack and then the teaming utlity...see if this resolves it for you too..

for the location of Proliant support pack installation log, Vijay has definitely got it right...

hope it helps,

regards,
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

Well, log is not very impressive:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup Session Beginning 2004-06-26 - 23:35:21

Command Line Parameters Given:

Beginning Interactive Session...

Name: HP ProLiant Network Configuration Utility 7 for Windows
Server 2003
New Version: 7.60.0.0

The software is installed but is not up to date.

Current Version: Unknown

The operation was not successful.

End Session

I removed utility from network connections and from device manager, but with no change. Any other hints? I know there are some switches to install program which may be helpful, but I can't find them.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

The teaming/network utility will be listed in the lan properties. You need to uninstall the network teaming utility from there; see attachment.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Ignore my previous reply, I never read the part that mentioned that you removed it from the network properties
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

So you have uninstalled the NIC driver and the network utility and then tried to reinstall it but still no luck├в ┬ж.there is the force switch that is used. When you run the support pack (setup.exe) the remote deployment comes up; when you click on install you will get a check box to over write newer or existing version; if you check that, it applies the force switch.
The command line syntax is
setupc [/?] [/help] [/use-latest] [/t[arget]:computer]
[/f[orce]] [/r[eboot][:timeout]] [/reboot-always[:timeout]]
[use-location:fileshare] [/user:username] [/passwd:password]
[override-existing-connection] [component] [support pack]...

/f[orce] Changes the behavior of a component installation in
one of the following ways:
* if the component is already installed and current, it will reinstall itself, and the installed version number will remain the same.
* If a newer version of the component is already installed, the component will install itself and downgrade the component to the older version numbe
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

Well, I'm getting definitely lost. Doesn't matter what I do, there is no change in install - always failure. Log says almost nothing, server is rebooting about 30 minutes. I'm wondering - maybe there is some instructions how to manually remove teaming utlity from system? Which files delete, what registry keys? Removing from device manager and from network connections doesnt change anything.
Saltend
Advisor

I have the exact same problem and I am also searching for a manual uninstall option.