108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to install Windows2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
WW553192
Occasional Contributor

Unable to install Windows2003

We have ML350G5 server and Linux OS install earlier.we got other server running with Linux OS hence we want to install widows 2003 on this server.i am following the steps suggested in deployment CD to install OS.While installing file missing error is occurring.Please help me
5 REPLIES 5
Murali_V
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,
i assuming that you are using SmartStart CD to install the windows 2003 operating system. and you see file missing error. please provide the following information to understand the exact issue:

1. when exactly you see the file missing error and what is the name of the file ?
2. Did you try with the different OS CD and SmartStart CD? and hope you are using latest Smart start CD.
provide any more information on the this issue,.

Regards,
Murali
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

WW553192
Occasional Contributor

yes, I am using latest smartstart CD.I confirmed with colleague that CD working fine.
File names are not with specific names, showing different names. Please suggest ASAP.
Murali_V
HPE Pro

Hi, this seems to be issue with the previous file system.... as Linux and Windows uses different file system ... i suggest you the following to proceed with the installation:

Boot the server with smart start CD and Run clear erase utility - under the Maintenance Tab... ( http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/smartstart/questionsanswers.html#f4 )

Reboot the server and make any specific changes to RAID configuration (other than default one)├в ┬ж and then deploy the operating system from the smart start CD.
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

Murali_V
HPE Pro

Note: ** Ensure that you do not have any data or other logical volumes on hard drives, as clear erase will delete all the data in hard drives and attached storage.
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

WW553192
Occasional Contributor

Hi Murali,

U done a good job.Thanks for guiding me.and clear erase is solved my problem.Thanks for suggesting in time.

Happy new year