ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load OS on ML110 with Startech pci raid controller.

Alberto_35
Occasional Advisor

Unable to load OS on ML110 with Startech pci raid controller.

Hello,
We are trying to install Windows 2003 server on a ML110 server. We installed a Startech 2channel Ultra ATA PCI raid controller on PCI slot 1 and configured a mirror. We boot the server and go into the BIOS and in the boot order Hard Drives is 3rd. We can expand hard drive and it does show the mirror. Continue with loading the OS and providing the driver for the controller however the OS does not see any hard disks. I am wondering if this server is still seeing the onboard sata controller as the primary boot controller. Is there a way to make Startech card the primary boot controller?

Thanks

Alberto & Cheri
3 REPLIES
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to load OS on ML110 with Startech pci raid controller.

Did you try the configuration assistant CD/tool that might have came along with the server? In normal situation, you can specify all your system and boot parameters and boot disks over there.

Otherwise, try adding 'SCSI' (or something that specify the add-on adapter) on your boot order (instead of hard drives) and specify your mirror HDD on the target.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Alberto_35
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply Shiju. I've tried to contact the user to get anwsers you your questions but I have yet to receive a response.

Alberto
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

Reboot the server and press F9 when prompted to enter the RBSU(rom based setup utility)
in here you can change the boot controller order, near the bottom of the list of options
you will need to change it here to boot from the logical volume.

Andy