5237 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to load Win2k16/19 on RAID 1 built array on P816i-a Controller

SysAdmins
Occasional Contributor

Unable to load Win2k16/19 on RAID 1 built array on P816i-a Controller

Hello,

Having a terrible time trying to find a answer, I'm trying to install WIndows 2016 or 2019 on this brand new DL380 Gen10 and even through manual installation, even when I load the controller drivers, it recognizes the array and the JBOD disks, but the RAID1 Array I created on Disks 0 and 1 just don't show up on the list...

This also happened in IP as well, this is a brand new just cracked the box right off the car lot server. I've not done any firmware updates or any changes outside of just trying to load the OS, if someone could help that would be great as i'm really not wanting to utilize software RAID on this expensive server lol

5 REPLIES 5
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you download the latest SPP 2020.03.02 form the below link.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_fb5dcb4cba3b44a8b6c5fc1352

Boot the server with the latest SPP 2020.03.02. and install the OS.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please let me know if require further assistance in this case.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SysAdmins
Occasional Contributor

This did not work, please have my ticket #: 5350204420 escalated to a Tier2 tech and someone who knows what they are doing. I've wasted a week w/ support which has gone around in circles on this.

SysAdmins
Occasional Contributor

When I take all drives out except the 2 I wish to build on RAID1 for OS drive, the OS installs and only see 1 logical disk, soon as I populate w/ the rest of the drives, I see now that Drive 15 is identical to Drive 0 and is offline, soon as I turn it online I can browse and view files on it. If i disable Disk 0 and boot from this disk it boots, telling me its not installed correctly. I need this resolved and i'm not getting anywhere with support. This should not be difficult and has never been on Gen8's this is my first physical build in 5 years, but i've built over 50 DL380 Gen7/8 servers in the past w/ Smart Array controllers w/ no problems. It seems its because these disks are in mixed mode that its doing this.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you to have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo