4501 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to set Powerprofile with Powershell

Patrik_Hansson
Occasional Advisor

Unable to set Powerprofile with Powershell

Hi
Downloaded and installed the HPBIOSCmdlets.

Can successfully use the Get- commands and talk to bios. But if i try to Set a for example new power profile it shows an error:

Get-HPBIOSPowerProfile -Connection $connection 

IP       	Hostname      	 StatusType	HPPowerProfile                                
192.168.xx.xx  servname.fqdn.com  OK 		Balanced                                      

Set-HPBIOSPowerProfile -Connection $connection -Profile Maximum_Performance -OutputType RawText 
The target server does not support Profile. Check more details about how to use this Cmdlet from help.

Any idea what could be wrong ?

12 REPLIES 12
StephanvdPlas
Visitor

I have the same issue. Have you been able to solve it?

Regards,

Stephan van der Plas

Patrik_Hansson
Occasional Advisor

No, sorry i haven't.

I have sent the question to a a person that said he might have an idea of whats wrong but he is pretty busy i belive.

Will post back if i get an aswer.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What model server are you working with?  I'm not to familiar with the cmdlets, if you set it manually and do a get, does it show the same setting name as you are trying to use?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Patrik_Hansson
Occasional Advisor

Hi

DL380 Gen9

Yes i tried setting the same as in the Get, so for example i do i Get and get Balanced returned.

Then i try and Set Balanced i get the same error as above.

GZahidi
Advisor

Hi Patrik

I am not able to reproduce the issue on Gen9 DL380. Following are the  opertaions on Set-HPBIOSPowerProfile and Get-HPBIOSPowerProfile cmdlet

PS C:\> $conn | Get-HPBIOSPowerProfile

IP                                Hostname                                    StatusType                     HPPowerProfile
--                                 --------                                         -----------                         -------------
192.168.14.10                 WIN-8KY7IIXYZR                          OK                                  Balanced

PS C:\> $conn | Set-HPBIOSPowerProfile -Profile Balanced

IP                                Hostname                                        StatusType                HPPowerProfile
--                                --------                                              ----------                    --------------
192.168.14.10                 WIN-8KY7IIXYZR                              OK                            Balanced

PS C:\> $conn | Set-HPBIOSPowerProfile -Profile Maximum_Performance

IP                               Hostname                                        StatusType                   HPPowerProfile
--                                --------                                             ----------                      --------------
192.168.14.10               WIN-8KY7IIXYZR                                OK                          Maximum Performance

I also tried to reproduce on other machine (as below), But I could not reproduced the issue

DL380 Gen9  ----->      Working

BL460 Gen9 ------>      Working

DL80 Gen9  ------->     Working

DL385p Gen8 ------->   Working

Can you please provide us your environment details 

1) Client OS ? 

2) PowerShell Version?

3) Conrep Version from $conn.ConnectionInfo ?

Thanks 

I am a HPE Employee
Patrik_Hansson
Occasional Advisor

Here is the info you wanted.

1) Client OS ? 
 Windows 2012 R2

2) PowerShell Version?

Version          : 4.0

3) Conrep Version from $conn.ConnectionInfo ?
ConrepVersion                    : 4.3.0.0

GZahidi
Advisor

Hello Patrik 

Please do the following step on Target server to  verify conrep 

1) locate the .dat file from the ConnectionInfo.ConrepDataFile

2) serach for "Power_Profile"  in .dat file, Change the value of "Power_Profile" to any of ("Balanced", "Custom", "Minimum_Power", "Maximum_Performance") value and save the .dat file

3) Navigate to conrep.exe file from PowerShell (let say on target server conrep.exe is in C:\HPBIOSCmdlets_Tools\min_conrep navigate to min_conrep directory then write "conrep.exe -l -f <.dat file>"

4) check "Conrep Return Code 0" 

5)After that do the Get-HPBIOSPowerProfile and check your are geting same value what you set in .dat file.

If it not working please send us  .dat file

How you are using HPBIOS cmdlets whether it is through ilo or through target server ?

I am a HPE Employee
Patrik_Hansson
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Did the steps, and if i change the power_profile in the .dat, run the conrep.exe command and then do i get-HPBIOSPowerProfile i get the new value set in the .dat

I'm running agains target ip (the ip set in windows) and not ilo.

Still can't use the Set- commands.

GZahidi
Advisor

Hello Patrik

It seems there is issue from BIOS cmdlets and Conrep.dat data exchange. 

Can you provide us "history.log" file from client machine after executing Set-HPBIOSPowerProfile. 

Location of log file on cleint machine

"C:\Program Files\HEWLETT-PACKARD\PowerShell\Modules\HPBIOSCmdlets\Tools\min_conrep"

I am a HPE Employee