108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unattend.txt + DL380 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

No, I haven't seen that error with the WWW Publishing service. Is this one of the components you have specified in your components section? It might be worth comparing what components you have installed. Here is a copy of what I typically install on an IIS enabled server.

[Components]
accessopt=off
cdplayer=off
certsrv=on
certsrv_client=on
deskpaper=off
dialer=off
fp_extensions=off
freecell=off
hypertrm=off
iis_common=on
iisdbg=off
iis_doc=off
iis_htmla=off
iis_inetmgr=on
iis_smtp=off
iis_smtp_docs=off
iis_www=on
indexsrv_system=off
chat=off
LicenseServer=off
media_clips=off
media_utopia=off
minesweeper=off
mplay=off
netcis=off
netoc=off
objectpkg=off
pinball=off
rec=off
solitare=off
templates=off
tsenable=on
vol=off
wms=off
wms_admin=off
WMS_SERVER=off

Jeff
Thomas Sords
Advisor

ach... disregard the last bit... turns out I didn't have the client for MS installed and that IIS requires that.

Thanks again!
Thomas Sords
Advisor

mine below.

What is the WMS stuff? that isn't documented. This W2003? or W2000

[Components]
cdplayer=off
charmap=off
chat=off
cluster=off
deskpaper=off
dialer=off
fp=off
freecell=off
iis_common=on
iisdbg=off
iis_doc=off
iis_ftp=off
iis_htmla=off
iis_inetmgr=on
iis_nntp=off
iis_nntp_docs=off
iis_smtp=off
iis_smtp_docs=off
indexsrv_system=off
LicenseServer=off
media_clips=off
minesweeper=off
mousepoint=off
mplay=off
netcis=off
netoc=off
pinball=off
rec=off
solitaire=off
templates=off
vol=off
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Hi Thomas, WMS is Windows Media Services (W2K).

WMS = Windows Media Services. Default is ON
WMS_Admin = Windows Media Services administratorive components. Default is ON.
WMS_Server = Server components. Deafult ON.

I guess those discriptions are pretty self explanitory, just taking the above from my doc. I grabbed it from the MS Windows 2000 Guide to Unattended Setup. Although mine is a bit old now, maybe they don't include the description in the newer ones :)

Jeff
Thomas Sords
Advisor

Wow... has the forum been screwed up for you, too? Thanks for everything. I have gotten the load scenario down pat for the G3, and am moving on to the G2 next. For what it is worth, you have saved me a ton of time and hair pulling with your help. Oh, btw, I have tried three different server disks, different folders on the local harddrive to prep, and every single time, I get the banana.ani missing error message. I give up on that one!

Thomas
Thomas Sords
Advisor

Ahh! Eureka! Turns out, the problem with banana.ani was that the CD-Rom drive that I was using (a generic one) was called banana. I switched to the compaq CD Driver for the heck of it, and it works!
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

Alright, so after reading this post, I have some issues. We are currently using the SmartStart deployment packs for our HP servers and seem to be having some significant issues with this. I have followed this article to the "T" and fixed several of our issues, but now it is failing at the OS install piece where it begins to copy driver files to the OS volume. the exact error during Windows textmode setup is "Setup was unable to copy the following file ADPU160M.SYS". Actually, it fails on every file in the [OEMBootFiles] section of the Unattend.txt file. I have ensured that the driver files are in all of these sections "I386, $oem$\Textmode, \$oem$\drivers\scsi". So idealy, it should be able to copy the files from any of these locations. You may notice in the attached file, the txtsetup.oem, file appears just as you stated it should. Please note, this is a 2000 SP4 install and the 2003 install using virtually the same files is working fine. Please help...
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

Okay, so here's an update. I started all over and began creating an entirely new unattended install. This time it appears everything is working fine and the install begins to copy files to the hard drive with no problem during textmode setup. However, now it gets all the way to 100% and stops. Interesting part is that the activity LED's on the hard disks flash intensively making me think activity is still there. But I left it overnight and still the same. Any idea why it would halt at 100%?
Thomas Sords
Advisor

Sound to me like the process is halted for either hardware issues (like a possible defective hard drive), or the settings are not quite correct. I will look at the settings on monday, and see if I see something odd (I am actually on vacation at the moment).
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

Thank you for you help. I have almost given up. I have tired nearly everything I can think of. Also, I know its not a hardware issue because I have tried this on 2 brand new out of the box 380 G4's.