108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Uncorrectable Memory Error

Sandro_10

Uncorrectable Memory Error

Hi,
i have got this problem on my Proliant 1600:
Uncorrectable Memory Error, Socket 4.
Is it the main ram? Do i need to replace memory on this socket?
Thanks in advance for any support.
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Sandro,
Yes you would need to replace the Memory module. But before you do that please update the system bios as well as the support pack on the server. I have seen the updates if it's a false message. If you let me know the BIOS version and CPU speed you have then I would be able to post the link for you.

Regards,
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi

AS the information provided by you. First question will be how much memory on server.
Try to swap the module in diff slot then check does this error message changes ( because some time it is due to board also )
Second is where exactly u got this error information form
IML or event Veiwer
If iml yes failure is there with memory/less prob with board)
if event veiwer then it depends upon event id and description it can be due to webagent on proliant server..

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Sandro_10

Thanks for the support!
I can't restart now the server to see bios information. I know the cpu is a Pentium III at 550 mhz.
My co-worker found the problem on Event Viewer, System log of Windows NT 4 Server.
The complete messagge is this:
The Compaq System Management Driver had detected that the system encountered a Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) prior to this boot. The NMI source was: Uncorrectable memory error, socket 4.
The server has 1 GB of ram.
I'm just looking forward to change the dimm memory.
Thanks all another time.

Sandro
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

HI,

AS PER YOUR INPUTS,

"My co-worker found the problem on Event Viewer, System log of Windows NT 4 Server.
The complete messagge is this:
The Compaq System Management Driver had detected that the system encountered a Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) prior to this boot. The NMI source was: Uncorrectable memory error, socket 4."

Right in this regards, Just confirm the same error reported in IML also or not. Before replcaing any part.

Regards,
Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible