cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncorrectable Memory Error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Uncorrectable Memory Error

I've been having the same error message appear in the Compaq Integrated Management Log:

Uncorrectable Memory Error (Slot 8, Memory Module 1) or (Slot 8, Memory Module 2)

I've already had all the memory modules (2GB), the expansion board, and the motherboard replaced -- and it still happens.

As soon as the server encounters that error, the ASR kicks in and reboots the server. Any ideas on why this is happening? and if I should try replacing all the processors as well?

We have another identical server running the same apps, same config - and it is rock solid.
4 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Uncorrectable Memory Error

Are you using Compaq Memory Modules in thoses Slots ?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same error, "Uncorrectable memory error(system Memory, Memory Module 3)" and then I get an error "ASR Detected by System ROM"
I have a Proliant 1600 with Novell 4.11.
I have in slot1=128MB DIMM, Slot2=128MBDIMM and Slot3=256MBDIMM
I have replaced the slot3 256mb dimm with a new Compaq item, but its rebooted more frequently with ASR error. I think it might be a bad slot3 or Motherboard problems. Can anyone tell me for sure.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have exactly the same error and havent managed to get a solution from either Compaq or Microsoft. What was the solution ?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What we actually did was replace the 2 memory boards and replaced the ram that was causing the error, and it was fine after that.
I would probably change the Processor board too if you have problems.