HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected computer crash importing to SQL Server

Alan Day
Occasional Visitor

Unexpected computer crash importing to SQL Server

We have just purchased a new Proliant ML150 G5 and installed Windows 2008 and HyperV. Within a virtual Windows 2003 Server we have installed SQL Server 2005. Every time we try to do an import/export of a large amount (1 Gb) of data to the SQL Server the whole computer crashes and a red light on the front of the box is flashing off and on (I believe indicating a CPU overheat). When the computer is restarted the CPU temperatures seem ok and the computer can be run for several weeks without any similar issue.
The BIOS is up to date.
2 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Unexpected computer crash importing to SQL Server

hi Alan

did you get the issue fixed?

are you importing the SQL data from a external device?
regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Alan Day
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unexpected computer crash importing to SQL Server

Hi Karlo,

I have tried both importing from a local SQL Server and remote, both have the same problem.

We have managed to run SQL Server 2000 and a fairly large database for several days without any issues, but that data was backup up on one machine and restored on the other. So I am considering installing SQL Server 2000 instead to see if either has the same issue.

But it does appear that something SQL Server and/or HyperV is doing is triggering the BIOS to come up with an false CPU overheat.

Alan