ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753865 Members
7495 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Uninstall network teaming

Tim1000

Uninstall network teaming

I uninstalled the network teaming software from the adapter on a DL380 G5 and now my icons are missing networks connections. How do i get them back?
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

check the device manager if the NICs have to correct drivers. It seems that the uninstallation deleted the drivers as well. Just install the right drivers for the NICs and the network connections will come back.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Tim1000

I have reinstalled like you said but same thing. This is a 2008 x64 server. the network devices do show in device manager and they do work, the icons are just missing from Control Panel -> Network Connections.
I have tried all microsoft fixes and google fixed but still the same problem.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

have you deleted the NICs and rebooted the server?

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Tim1000

yes
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

In the Network Connections window, switch to Details view (View > Details). You should see column headers including "Name" ... if not, you may just need to resize them.

That one's a long shot. It may be more likely that one of these services is disabled:

Network Connections
Remote Procedure Call

or maybe:
COM+
Remote Access Connection Manager

You may also want to reinstall the teaming software and just leave the NICs unteamed.

good luck
Tim1000

I tried all that and nothing still. I would have never uninstalled it but we are moving this server to a VM. It does it if I convert the server to a VM or uninstall the software.
I guess I will just have to move everything over to a new VM.