Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the Proliant Firmware Maintenance CD by self

Helpdesk Network
Occasional Visitor

Update the Proliant Firmware Maintenance CD by self

Dear all

We would like to upgrade the Rom Update Utility Content with *.scexe Files on the HP Proliant Firmware Maintenance CD for our Technical Engineers. We work with mkisofs and cdrecord to create a CD like the orginal. It works fine and we can boot from the CD, but after the first click on the "Rom Update Utility" button appear the following error: "Connection will be refused on 127.0.0.1:2381" (or so).

Have anybody tips or maybe a solution? (Sorry for my English:-)
1 REPLY
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: Update the Proliant Firmware Maintenance CD by self

I am not sure how they wrote the software on the original CD, but I am sure the call for using the "suplemental disk" is to the floppy drive only.

There is a "directory" on the CD where it looks for the "current set" of firmware which I think is the /components/option/CP###### directories. If you add a directory here with the correct SoftPAQ number, I think the "extra" firware will show up in the listing. I bet you have to remove the previos versions from the SoftPAQ directories first for it to work correctly.

There is a directory called supplemental which is "empty". You can try installing/building the .scexe files there.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt