ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753845 Members
7496 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade DL 580 G4 processor

Riel Enriquez

Upgrade DL 580 G4 processor

Is there way to find the part no.of server without physically looking at on processor. We are not allowed to shutdown the system, so where thinking if there's tools to give the information.
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

use a ILO to gather this information.

mikap
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

or you could use SMH

https//serverIP:2381

mikap
Riel Enriquez

Thanks for prompt help, this is best opportunity to explore ILO. Ever since i never use ILO and even trying to understand it. It's great help if you can give me reference understanding ILO too, thnx
Riel Enriquez

Pls. can you tell me on where should i look the Product Number using SMH, I try to look at Processor Subsystem link it only gives a basic information not a product number? thansk in advance
Sheanshar
Advisor

You can get the part number by accesing the HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition from SMHP or it's under All Programs/HP System Tools/HP Insight Diagnostics.

When it's loaded, you'll see a Survey tab, from the Overview dropdown box select Advanced.

Riel Enriquez

thanks Sheanshar, however after checking I doubt if the server have 2 processors installed if i based on the report with the ff information against on physically checking we do I seen 1 processor only.

Processor Package 1 (Socket 1, Core = 2) - Intel Xeon MP Processor and Processor

Package 2 (Socket 1, Core = 2) - Intel Xeon MP Processor

Pls. I need you help guys i confuse how many proc are actually installed in the server.