ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752790 Members
6284 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade Svr 2000 Adv Svr to 2003 Enterprise ML370 G3

tbjbs

Upgrade Svr 2000 Adv Svr to 2003 Enterprise ML370 G3

I have a server which happens to be my SQL DB Server. It is a ML370 G3 with Server 2000 Advance Server. I really need to upgrade the OS to 2003. I found out that because its Adv Server I needed to get 2003 Enterprise. My server also has a Smart Array 5302 in it.

The problem I am having seems to be that the Server 2003 Enterprise Installer is having a difficult time seeing the Hard Drives installed on the machine. I have hit the appropriate buttons to install a driver for the Array. It recommends to use the Driver that comes on the Enterprise CD, so when I use that it goes into a continuous loop wanting a driver for the Smart Array. I have about 3 different versions of the Smart Array driver and none of these seem to work.

Once I load one of my 3 different drivers it will then act like its going to install and the Windows logo screen will then come up but very very faintly and then it will just hang up.

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
tbjbs

Update:

We get a faint windows screen, no keyboard or mouse. Also it does not matter if we hit "F6" or not because we get the same results. Setup locks.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

you like to upgrade the existing OS or just backup the DB and os settings and install it from scratch ???

because the installation could be started from the Windows Advanced server ==> Windows 2003 enterprise.

mikap