ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752577 Members
4491 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade harddisk on DL360

Ambromas

Upgrade harddisk on DL360

Our server has already installed two 72GB SCSI harddisk.
Our planning is to upgrade to two 300GB harddisk.

Has tried to unplug and plug a new harddisk but the system can only built up 72GB partition.

Does any know how to do so to upgrade to 300GB partition? or additional with a seperate 220GB partition?

Many thanks!!

P.S. This trhead has been moevd from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrade harddisk on DL360

Hi,
I think the DL320 G4 can support 2*300Gb U320 disks.
Are you trying to configure the disks in the same disk array? The size would be optimised to the existing disks. Try to build the new disks as seperate devices.
Ambromas

Thanks Peter.

I've tried to plug two new 300 GB harddisk and the server can detect and build a new 300 GB partition.

However, i want to minimize the data backup and restore process.

Is that possible to replace one 300 GB and sync the 72GB partition. Then build another new partition with about 220GB and then plug another harddisk and rebuild to the whole array to skip the whole system backup and restore process.

It is becuase we don't want to minimize the download time as you know backup and restore 72 GB data will take a lot of time.
Ambromas

Thanks Peter.

I've tried to plug two new 300 GB harddisk and the server can detect and build a new 300 GB partition.

However, i want to minimize the data backup and restore process.

Is that possible to replace one 300 GB and sync the 72GB partition. Then build another new partition with about 220GB and then plug another harddisk and rebuild to the whole array to skip the whole system backup and restore process.

It is becuase we do want to minimize the down time as you know backup and restore 72 GB data will take a lot of time.