5459 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade of NC373i driver fails in DL360 G5

Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade of NC373i driver fails in DL360 G5

This device cannot start. Code 10.

Is this becuase I had not unteamed the adapters before I started the upgrade?

I had v3.4.10.0; wanted 3.7.19.0, but no luck.
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I've seen a lot of errors on these NIC Cards NC373i with latest drivers

so my recommendation id try this one, it is not the latest but it works

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&prodNameId=3288144&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-14054e39b7e04b22af5d1e2d29

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

No joy with the 2006 drivers. Even after I uninstall the later devices, it tells me I have later model code installed. I can restart after uninstalling again, but I don't think, based on past experience, that this is going to work. I think there must be registry entries I need to delete, no?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

mmm try this

remove TCP/IP
install again TCP/IP from NIC Card Properties

also check the attached picture and remove driver physically from windows folder

I mean uninstall driver from device manager and after that go to your driver windows location and remove it

reboot server and install drivers.

Regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

mmm try this

remove TCP/IP
install again TCP/IP from NIC Card Properties

also check the attached picture and remove driver physically from windows folder

I mean uninstall driver from device manager and after that go to your driver windows location and remove it

reboot server and install drivers.

Regards
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

I'm stuck with pretty much the same situation on a DL380 G5. I was able to use an older version.

Wierd thing was, i was able to manually get one of the NICs up to 3.7.19, but not both. The other is all the way back to 2.8.13 (6/30/06)

Also my NCU won't launch anymore due to a version conflict of the two NICs. I'll let you know if I get any further. You're probably right about the registry key thing, but not sure yet what the correct keys are.
Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

Well, this has turned into the NC373i support group hasn't it? We all come out of the woodwork as soon as somebody says, "NC373i." In fact, another message has come in as I type.

I'm in a slightly happier place now. Thanks to Karlo's suggestion I have both of my dual-port cards actually teamed (NO!) (Gasp!) and on line. Haven't exposed the server back to the Internet yet, though.

Fix: I used device manager to uninstall the 373i's for like the twelfth time. Did a cold restart and let the hardware wizard come up. I picked Karlo's drivers and they installed for both cards. But the file that it put in c:\windows\system32\drivers wasn't the one it should have used, the one dated 8/7/2006. The system returned the one dated 6/4/2007 to service. I know it's using that one because I can't delete it. I wanted the file dated 11/1/2007, but I couldn't get it to install. Couldn't get anything to install after that one, in fact, except for the driver in cp007020.exe.

Short story long:

Start: bxnd52x.sys 6/4/2007
Tried to install bxnd52x.sys 11/1/2007

Old driver bxnd52x.sys 8/7/2006 recommended as a means of restoring system integrity:

didn't install, BUT

I'm running off bxnd52x.sys 6/4/2007 so it's fixed as far as I need to fix it.
Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

James,

To kill off the NCU problem, just unbind it from one of the cards. That seemed to take it out of circulation for all my cards. Then, uninstall everything and put it back on.

I'm just thinking: I saw the hardware wizard come up twice after I restarted, once for each port. Perhaps you didn't run it all the way to the end on each card?

Just a thought.