1752815 Members
5961 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrade to 2000 AS

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Upgrade to 2000 AS

I am attempting to do a rolling upgrade on a CL380 from NT 4.0 to 2000 AS. I have installed the latest soft paq, agents, run the 2000 primer etc, etc, but I get a stop error when setup displays the Setup is starting Windows 2000. The stop error refers to a driver corrupting memory. This is a loaner cluster that I am practicing on before attempting to upgrade my production boxes (5500's) I am doing a rolling upgrade with the second cluster node still running all resources.
Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade to 2000 AS

PROBLEM:
When performing a rolling upgrade with a ProLiant CL1850/CL380, Windows 2000 Advanced Server will initially load a SCSI driver for the SCSI controller connecting to the storage that is incompatible with the Compaq Fast SCSI driver. To avoid any system lock-ups or Windows blue screens, isolate the server being upgraded from the shared storage subsystem.

RESOLUTION:
You must isolate the server being upgraded from the shared storage subsystem by pressing the corresponding button on the Shared Storage Isolator Board, causing the LED to show an amber color. (Please refer to the CL1850 User?s Guide for a detailed illustration of the Shared Storage Isolator Board or reference the document, at <>)

Once this is done, the upgrade will continue normally. After the Compaq Customer Support Paq for Windows 2000 is applied, reboot the node and press the Shared Storage Isolator Board again to allow the server node to gain access to the shared storage. To prevent any problems, do this for each node in the cluster as it is being upgraded to Windows 2000 Advanced Server.