4887 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrade to DLT drive

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Upgrade to DLT drive

Goodmorning,

I have a PL 1600R PII 400Mhz (purchased in Nov. 1998). I also have a Compaq Rack-Mountable SCSI Storage Expander with two SCSI Storage Expanders. In one of the Expanders I have a Compaq 12/24 DAT drive. I use the Dual Integrate Wide-Ultra SCSI 3 Controller (not sure if it is 32bit or 64bit) for the DAT drive.

I now need a larger storage solution. I have been looking at DLT 40/80GB drives by Compaq, Quantum and others. I would like to continue to use the Dual Integrated Wide-Ultra SCSI 3 Controller for the DLT 40/80GB drive; however, the drives seem to come in two type of configurations: Internal Wide-Ultra SCSI LVD/single-ended or Internal Wide-Ultra SCSI HVD differential and I do not know if and which the Proliant's controller will support. Also is there a newer SCSI Expander that can support Wide-Ultra SCSI LVD single-ended or Internal Wide-Ultra SCSI HVD differential while fitting in the Compaq Rack-Mountable SCSI Storage Expander.

Thank you,

Richard
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade to DLT drive

Richard, Your last question first. Compaq has not updated their SCSI Storage expanders.
Your controller willl support the Wide-Ultra SCSI LVD Single-ended drive.