8675 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade to Windows 2000

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Upgrade to Windows 2000

Hi,

I tried to upgrade a Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 on ML330.
I have done the steps I found in the appropriate white paper from Compaq.
During the upgrade first time I got INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE message at the start of the setup.
At the second attempt I pressed F6 and specified the controller (downloaded from the Compaq site) - the text mode setup was successfull. After reboot at the beginning of the GUI setup I got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error message again.

How can I upgrade to Windows2000 on ML330???

Thanks in advance
Csilla
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Windows 2000

boot to your f10 partition....set your primary operating system (under the second drop down tab) to windows 2000..make sure your boot controller order is ok...save and exit..try upgrade again..it should work
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Windows 2000

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. My System Configuration Utility would only give me the option of NT4 Server so I could not choose W2K. I tried to update my System Configuration Utility and it says: "ISA Computer detected, this utility works only with EISA computers" I checked and re checked the softpaq and it is the correct one!! SP14381.exe I even called the support line and they say this is irrelevant Despite the white papers instructions. So I think I need help and I'd appreciate it. Thanks.