4684 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading CPU Issue on DL380 Gen9

NACIM
Advisor

Upgrading CPU Issue on DL380 Gen9

Hello ;

I have an issue with my sever when i adding a new CPU , the server boot with a black screen.

there are no error on IML LOG aloso NO problem detected on AHS LOG

I use the clear NVRAM and run the manufacturing default on bios ,but the issue is on going 

Any help for this issue please

5 REPLIES 5
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

If adding a second processor to the server:

Please note that both proc 1 and proc 2 are of similar model.

Upgrade BIOS before you add the second processor. If the issue persists, please install the new processor in processor slot 1 to isolate processor/slot issue.

NOTE: Mixing of E5-2600 v3 and E5-2600 v4 processors is not supported.

If you are upgrading from an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 to an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4, then please follow instructions on below link:

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04849981&withFrame 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
NACIM
Advisor

Hello BPSingh;

The both of processor are the same family E5-2600 V3 , and i have tested the both processor on socket 1 is done , so there are no problem on the processors also i have update the rom to the latest firmware , i think that the issue is in system board

Thank you for your replay

BPSingh
HPE Pro

If you have isolate issue with the system board, please log a support ticket to get it replaced.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
NACIM
Advisor

Hello ;

I have ordered a system board for the server ,they take 20 to 45 days to receive it

Thank you

JamieLanger
Occasional Visitor

Make sure the system is compatible to the upgrade.