108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading the BIOS on a 1600?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wayne_92
Occasional Advisor

Upgrading the BIOS on a 1600?

I am getting ready to upgrade the BIOS on my "old" Proliant 1600. I have downloaded a "Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for ProLiant 1600 P08" and "Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Compaq ProLiant 1600 P08". Which download do I install? or both? if both, in what order?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris Turnbull
Valued Contributor
Solution

Wayne,

You need one or the other.

The ROMPaq lets you build a bootable floppy to upgrade your BIOS (my preferred option, obviously only useful if you have physical access to the box).

The Online ROM Flash allows the upgrade to be deployed remotely using the Compaq RDU (Remote Deployment Utility) which needs to be installed on your server.
Mike Ross_3
Occasional Contributor

... and once you have got your server BIOS to P08 make you you take your 2SL Array Controller (if you have one) to Rev 4.50 (this is done by online firmware upgrade if your 2SL BIOS is 4.40 or better, otherwise you do it by booting from diskette image if its less than 4.40) Cheers
Wayne_92
Occasional Advisor

I have successfully performed the BIOS upgrade on my 800, and downloaded the necessary code to perform the BIOS upgrade on my 1600. The replys on this forum have been a big help. However I am confused as to what kind of SCSI disk I have on my 1600. I don't believe that it is an array. Also I wonder if there is a place I kind find more information regarding upgrades for BIOS on my disk adapter, as referenced in a reply to my initial query on BIOS???