1753681 Members
5946 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Urgent consulting people

chokhong
Occasional Advisor

Urgent consulting people

I have a server machine is HP Proliant ML350 G5.I knew it was old, so I want to upgrade.I read the documents, they could upgrade to intel quad-core X5460 CPUs (CPU machine is duo-core E5130. Besides, I also want to upgrade the ram bus DDR3 1333 (ram is DDR2 bus 667). Ithe vietnam english is not very well expect people to sympathize

7 REPLIES 7
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer to ML350 Quickspecs for supported features and Upgradeability.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12475_div/12475_div.html

As per quickspecs:

ML350 G5 supports : PC2-5300 Fully Buffered DIMMs (DDR2-667). It does not support DDR3 memory.

You may upgrade the processor from dual core to quad core depending on the model.

NOTE: Future upgradeable to Xeon┬о Series 5400/5300 Quad-Core processors (Please contact your regional sales support to determine quad core upgradeability. Some of the earlier shipping models may not support this upgrade). 5100 Dual-Core models are not upgradeable to the 5200 Dual-Core processors.

So, Processor (CPU) upgrade depends on mother board (system board) model. If you have system board (Assembly number: 395566-003) which support 54XX processor you can go for this upgrade. refer to this article for system board model numbers:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01086112&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Note: before upgrading the CPU update the latest system BIOS.

Hope this helps,

How to say thanks.... Click on STAR Kudos.

Cheers!

Ali

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

chokhong
Occasional Advisor

This is a parameter ch├нnh the me me for of the network http://partvietnam.com/p72644c5231/Mainboard-HP-Proliant-ML350-G5-P/N-461081-001-439399-001.aspx
Ram, but is me you can upgrade from the DDR2-667 up are no DDR3-1333. I am also known as the information of Vol of 2 categories Ram is you different but mainboard of my support bus forward 1333, which Ram DDR2 does not have bus 1333, so me think you can be Ram DDR3 1333. External ra me also a question again as possible mount 2 CPU different chung on one mainboard are no. for example like E5130 with E 5420 or E5130 with W5460, tks
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

thanks for giving some more insight about the query.

quickspecs does not list any DDR3 memory so I can say it is not tested on this model.

about the processor: Mixing of processors with different speed is not supported. you need to have two processor of the same speed for server to boot.

Please share the system board part no and assembly number so that I can check the possibilities of processor upgrade.

what is the purpose of this server? I mean what kind of application are you planning to run on this server and what is the performance/output are you expecting from this configuration?

Hope this helps,

How to say thanks.... Click on STAR Kudos.

Cheers!

Ali

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!

Accept or Kudo

chokhong
Occasional Advisor
chokhong
Occasional Advisor

chokhong
Occasional Advisor

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have checked the link you have provided and found the following part numbers

HP ML350 G5 SERIES SERVER MOTHERBOARD P/N: 461081-001 439399-001

description:

439399-001 : System board with tray and screws, supports Intel Xeon 52xx, 53xx, 54xx processors and PATA optical drives. (Assembly number: 395566-002)

461081-001 : System board with tray and screws, supports Intel Xeon 50xx, 51xx, 52xx, 53xx, 54xx processors and SATA optical drives. (Assembly number: 395566-003)

system board part number : 461081-001 (assembly :395566-003) supports the processor upgrade so you can upgrade to quadcore processor as per quickspecs.

Memory supported on this as per quickspecs and other docs is DDR2 only. May be someone else who has practically tested DDR3 memory can advice you.

Hope this helps,

how to say thanks... Click on STAR KUDOS!

Cheers!

Ali

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo