ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752800 Members
5607 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Urgent help needed for exchange 2003 in sbs 2003 Got working...............................

Urgent help needed for exchange 2003 in sbs 2003

Hi

One week before in our HP PROLIANT ML370 G5 server with RAID5 one hard disk turned amber and we removed and it is working under degraded state until now.

Yesterday morning our users in the domain complained that mails are not going from their OUTLOOK connected to our sbs 2003 exchange .All the users are configured with psts. not osts .After checking the ESM it was found that all the mails were in queue and internet connectivity and smtp smart host all reachable.So the exchange services were restarted, at that we found that the information store is starting at last moment it stops with error 1068.

We restarted the server, it took a long time to reach the desktop and it is found that the information store is not started.What is observed is when the information store service is started the server totally hangs ; we had to make hard reset  the server a couple of times when we are troubleshooting.

After searching in internet we found that the information store edb files corruption leads to this symptom from the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313184

and we are now repairing the database as per this document ; it crossed priv1 .edb successfully but for the past 4 hours pub1.edb and stm scanning database catalog is going on.

Please advise me how to proceed further since I have to make it ready tommorrow morning this production server

N.B: the database priv1.edb and its related files - 9 GB & pub1.edb and stm files -2 GB

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Urgent help needed for exchange 2003 in sbs 2003 Got working...............................

Hi guys

Atlast solved the problem and now it is working and all the full details at

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/5e10cde5-7aa6-4f0d-b4d2-bc25afa6d429

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan
Dr_Ing_Sosa
Frequent Advisor

Glad you got it resolved. I would recommend you not only replace the failed drive but also purchase an additional drive to use as a hot spare.