1753492 Members
4872 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Use Set-HPiLOIPv6NetworkSetting without restarting the iLO

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Use Set-HPiLOIPv6NetworkSetting without restarting the iLO

I need to change the SNTP settings on an iLO with PowerShell.  To do this, I first need to use Set-HPiLOIPv6Networking to disable SNTP from IPv6.  Then I need to use Set-HPiLONetworking to configure the SNTP settings (because the iPv6 cmdlet does not include SNTP settings - only to disable it).

The problem is both of these cmdlets automatically restart the iLO after running.  So after disabling IPv6 SNTP, it restarts the iLO before you can run the IPv4 cmdlets to set SNTP - and this makes scripting the whole process a pain.

Is there a way to supress the restart of the iLO in the IPv6 cmdlet?  I looked throught the help for it and I dont see anything, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

NK

2 REPLIES 2
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Re: Use Set-HPiLOIPv6NetworkSetting without restarting the iLO

I think iLO does not have any mechanism to supress restarting of iLO and same applies to our PowerShell cmdlets.

I know its annoying for you but its designed like this, i mean after every critical operation iLO need to reset to make the input value udpated.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Use Set-HPiLOIPv6NetworkSetting without restarting the iLO

Thanks.  I know with the iLO web interface you can do this.  You can disable the IPv6 SNTP settings, then configure the NTP host and time zone, and the issue a restart of the iLO.  It "stages" the changes and implements them all when you issue the restart.  PowerShell does not seem to provide this same functionality.

NK