1753300 Members
7130 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: User Slowness

SNunweiler

User Slowness

Recently the users in my office have been complaining about slow logons, slow intranet access, and slow file access. Originally I thought it might be a virus or spyware taking up all my network bandwidth, but after investigating that route I found that not to be the problem. So I then tried to see if maybe it was general network problems, which also was found not to be the problem.

After seeing a bunch of events pop up in my event log, I thought it could be hard drive or disk based problems. The events in the log are all along the same lines: "The logical performance instance _total is failed with a disk busy time of %". _total is replaced by a drive letter of one of the logical drives on my system in some messages as well.

I am just trying to figure out how to fix these errors from being passed to my system, and if this is actually my latency problem.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Dave Cummings_1
Valued Contributor

SNunweiler
we could do with some more details:
What Operating System to do you run?
What O/S does the server run?
What specification (cpu type/speed how much memory)?

Do you have Adobe Illustrator installed on the machine(s) that are running slowly?

d
SNunweiler

Answers to the above questions.

What Operating System to do you run?
The OS running on the workstations is Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2

What O/S does the server run?
The OS the servers run is Windows Server 2003, SP1

What specification (cpu type/speed how much memory)?
The server is a Proliant DL380 G3. It has 2 Xeon 2.8 GHz Processors, and 1GB of RAM.

Do you have Adobe Illustrator installed on the machine(s) that are running slowly?
No, I have other Adobe products on some of the machines, but not all
Dave Cummings_1
Valued Contributor

does the EPS file format have an application assocaited with it? if so remove the association by deleting the eps extension from windows (open windows explorer, tools, folder options, file types, and the scroll until you find EPS.) remove it make a note of the application that is assigned to it, reboot the machine and re-assign it to the program it was opening with.

i know its wierd but that worked for us.