ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752793 Members
6507 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Using Ghost Enteprise 8.2 with ML110 (RAID1)

Rafael Pedrosa

I have the same problem with ML150 G3. I cannot use Ghost, the speed of copying files is very slow. Are these server some kind of junk?
Mark Wilf Lawrence

Has anyone got a fix for this yet? I have a ML110 G4 and using Ghost 8.
I need to Ghost the system partition regularly in a test lab and going through the steps decsribed is just too painful (if they work at all).
HP, can you provide an elegant solution please ?

regards,
Mark
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

I gave up on ghost some time back.
Try using this free product (did I mention it's free? why pay for Ghost)
http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/gparted-clonezilla/
ramesh75

I have 2TB drive on external storage. Ghost can see it but we are not able to select that drive when we try to take image. please help
adishu

Anestis Margaritis hi
Have same problem but i manage to fix it.
Its long, But at least its work.
1.The image that you make have to be connected to a different controller then the LSI RAID Adapter.(on IDE or usb Storage,** Dont use sata disk on the HP Integral adapter or the LSI **)
2.You need to make BurtPE disk with the Acronis true image plug-in.(information about it in Acronis website)
3.Make Floppy disk with the LSI RAID drivers(use the win2k drivers).
you will need to put this drivers when the BurtPE loading up with F6 key (install all the 5 drivers from the floppy).
4.Make a Disk-on-key (or other storage device that u can connect to the server)with the win2003/your operation system LSI RAID driver.
5. Connect all the above to the server and launch the BartPE from the cd.(dont forget!!
F6 key to install the raid drivers)
6. Launch Acronis true image & restore the Image with the Universal Restore,Place the LSI RAID driver to the "Additional Drivers"
& proceed with it.
You have just finish the Process.

*** After its finish Boot up the server,you have to wait a long time until you can work with mouse/keyboard (like 20~ min.)
*** after the server is up he will ask you to restart him because he finish to install new hardware. !!!DONT DO IT!!!!
Before you do that install the lan driver
& place the ip of the server ( IP,SM,DG, and the important one DNS). if you dont do that you will need to wait a long time until the your operation system will be up again (at least one hour).

I learn all of that in the hard Way.

Good Luck

Adi