1747980 Members
3951 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Using a Tesla K80 in a Dl380 G8

Kingboo2314
Occasional Contributor

Using a Tesla K80 in a Dl380 G8

Hello. I am wanting to use a Tesla K80 in my server but I do not know if the power supplies can handle it as it has dual 460w units. The unit also has two E5 2609s (V1).
5 REPLIES 5
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello

Tesla K80 is not supported by this server.

Follow the DL380 Gen8 Quickspace for more information.

HP ProLiant DL380p Generation8 (Gen8) Quick space ( Follow page no 42)

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04123238#

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

CompDR

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone else runs into this, getting Tesla cards working in older gen8 servers is pretty easy.

Go into the bios, press Ctrl + A to activate the Service Options menu. In that menu, you enable "PCI Express 64-Bit BAR Support", save, and exit.

This is tested and working with K80 and M40 cards with a DL380p gen8 on linux.

Worth noting that without the UEFI bios (gen9 and newer) this setting can cause some odd glitches like breaking KVM completely, which I'm sure is the reason it is hidden.

71xn

I am about to purchase both a DL380 G8 and a Tesla K80 and I was wondering what psu's you have and what power adapters you needed to get the K80 to work, as it takes an 8 pin eps connector.

Thanks, Finn

Boognish
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for this. I'd been scratching my head over this for a while. 

Boognish
Occasional Visitor

@CompDR When you enabled PCI Express 64-Bit BAR Support did you experience the 'Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception"? 
When I enable this, the machine fails to boot with the above error and loops. Any suggestions?