1752469 Members
6864 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Utter frustration with HP site downloading SmartStart software

Alan_B
Occasional Visitor

Utter frustration with HP site downloading SmartStart software

We have a DL380 service under maintenance contract but no longter under warrantly. It had a single hard disk failure so we contacted HP and they sent out a new disk, this was installed and now we have two disks failed, the replaced disk and another one.

I only have remode access to this server as it is in another state.

After searching around for ways of adminstering the RAID on this machine I learned very early on in the piece that I needed to Start the AUD utility, I guess they expect you to automatically know what they are talking about and how to run this.  

I looke dall over the ILO and the bios but didn't find anything to match.

After some more searching, I found that is is a SmartStart CD/ISO that needs to be downlaoded, no problems booting from an ISO, I find it on the site and try to download. Please enter the serial number of your server etc.

Sorry

Warranty status: Expired (opens help in a new layer)

End date: May 5, 2014

SN: .........

We have some sort of corporate agreement with HP for maintenance which I don't have access to the details. 

HP - you need to be able to match teh maintenance contract which a machine us under after it is no longer under warranty.

Am i chasing the right software for the RAID, is there another way of accessing the RAID controller?  Any idea where I can download the ISO from that doesn't involve HP and their paranoia?

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Downloading SmartStart software needs SAID

>Warranty status: Expired (opens help in a new layer)

It looks like without an active support contract, you can't download this software.

>We have some sort of corporate agreement with HP for maintenance which I don't have access to the details. 

You'll need to chase down the details.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Utter frustration with HP site downloading SmartStart software

@Alan_B wrote:

We have a DL380 

What generation DL380? Depending on what generation the server is you may not need anything to run ACU/ADU, it may already be on the server.

Gen8, ACU/ADU is in Intelligent Provisioning, Press F10 during POST

G7 an earlier you can download the SmartStart ISO image from the support site. A valid warranty or service contract is not required. You only need warranty/service contract to download some System ROM updates or the SPP image

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!