ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753774 Members
6746 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE! PROLIANT ML370 G2 STUCK on standby!

joseduardo

VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE! PROLIANT ML370 G2 STUCK on standby!

Hey there!

I need really urgent help, my PROLIANT ML370 G2 needs to be working tomorrow morning at 9am and i don't know what else to do anymore.

I turned off my server for around 1hour. After that, all of the sudden he stopped working normally:

- I have the power cord plugged in but NO light coming on the LED (the one in the back of the power supply).
- I have the amber light ON (stand by?) on the front panel, however when i press the stand by/on button the external health LED goes RED.

I already swapped the power supply to BAY-2, problem persists. I only have one power supply, however i really think this one is working well... my guess is that the server is stuck on standby mode. 

What can it be? i am going nuts! please help!

1 REPLY 1
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: VERY URGENT HELP PLEASE! PROLIANT ML370 G2 STUCK on standby!

Hi,

When the external system health LED is red, it indicates that the power supply has failed. You may refer to the server's maintenance and service guide, item 3 of Table 4-1: Front Panel LEDs under section LED Indicators and Switches > Front Panel LEDs > Figure 4-1: Front panel LEDs. With insufficient power to get the system on, there will be no way to get the server to boot to the operating system. Consider swapping the power supply with a known working power supply.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo