1752800 Members
5359 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VERY slow network after many HW updates on DL370 G6

sfora
Frequent Advisor

The just released SPP 2013.02 version B still does not solve this broken driver issue.

HP, please unlist the broken driver from the SPP or add the new one.

This advisory dates from April.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c03734205

Crestj
Occasional Contributor

4 months after this driver appeared on their FTP site it is still not listed on any Proliant G7  driver page.

This driver fixed a ajor issue I had and instead of 4mb/s I now get 400mb/s throughput.

Why is this driver not public yet?

BASF_FMA
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

we have very many G6 machines with Qlogic based NIC. The problem just occurs, if the backbone is set to 100 Mbit/s. 1 Gbit/s solves all your problems. Alternatively we added on Intel based NIC, 360T, I think. In VCenter it shows up as 82571EB.

Hope this helps,

BASF_FMA

sfora
Frequent Advisor

SPP 2013.09.0B released yesterday finally includes an updated driver.

Thank you HP !

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1822529277/v91225/SPP2013.09.0B-ReleaseNotes.pdf

HP QLogic P3P Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions
Version: 4.7.28.523 (B) (Optional)

Fixes
This component addresses an issue which can result in installed adapters remaining in a disabled state when they should be enabled after installation is complete.

Supported Devices and Features

This driver supports the following network adapters:
o HP NC375i Integrated Quad Port Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter
o HP NC375i 1G w/NC524SFP 10G Module
o HP NC375T PCI Express Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter
o HP NC522m Dual Port 10GbE Multifunction BL-c Adapter
o HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter
o HP NC523SFP 10Gb 2-port Flex-10 Server Adapter
o HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter
o HP CN1000Q Dual Port Converged Network Adapter

d3vnul
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the update , i was looking for the release notes pdf and couldn't find it until i found your post :)
waaronb
Respected Contributor

FYI, this isn't entirely related since I'm dealing with a different network card, but the 2013.09 SPP that came out the other day has updated NIC drivers for the NC382i on my DL360 G7 servers (and many other models... it's the "HP Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver) for Win64.

It's version 7.8.6.0 and it does something very strange... we're running Server 2012 with Hyper-V, and after installing this NIC driver, our virtual machines running on this box (2 different servers in fact, have the same issue) are having problems.

The network connection between the virtuals and any other system are sporadic.  I haven't taken the time to track it specifically to see if it's just dropping packets or what.

For instance, we have a virtualized Ubuntu 13.04 server running Couchbase.  Attempts to connect to the default port 8091 that Couchbase uses are useless, it just times out.  But if I connect from another virtual machine on the same physical host, it's okay.  It's only when it goes on the actual network that it freaks out.

It may be all communications on the server, even to the host OS, but a lot of things like RDP sessions are pretty tolerant of network issues.

The solution for me was rolling back to the previous drivers, version 7.4.14.0.  That's all it took, and all of a sudden, all the software running on those virtual machines like Couchbase, MSSQL, IIS, etc. started working just fine.

I'm glad this was on our test environment... if I hadn't caught that before deploying to our production servers, it would have been a very bad day.  It was bad enough as it is, dealing with developers and QA who couldn't do their work for most of a morning.

raeberli

Thanks waaronb for your post. We upgraded some 2012 Hyper-V Servers on Proliant 360/380 G7 hardware with SPP 2013.09 and had the same problems as you. Reverting back to 7.4 drivers resolved it too on our systems. 

jason835

Thanks waaronb for your post.

I installed the 7.8.6.0 driver on my dl380 g7 servers and it caused the handful of Windows XP machines that I have on my network to go from booting up in 2-3 minutes to taking ~30 minutes to boot up (including login).  They would get stuck at "Applying Computer Settings".  It also cause problems on Windows XP and Windows 7 machine with MS Outlook, they would get a "The server is unavailable" message.

I rolled back the driver to 7.4.14.0 and everything is ok now.

SurendraKamath
Occasional Visitor

Hi All,

I have the similar problem in the HP NC364T PCIe Quad port card. Intially we had created LACP in the brocade switch level and configured the HP Teaming. It worked for two years without having any issues noticed. My collegue had updated the driver three months ago and he has not noticed the running driver version.

Now the teaming is slows down the switch and connected machines. We are getting request timout to the teamed server. We thought this problem is related with the switch and changed to single port trunk in the brocade switch and configured the SLB in the HP networking utility. It worked very well for two days and we got in to the similar problem. We have noticed the  below error in the windows event log.

Event ID 27 :HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter #12 Link has been disconnected.  

Please let me know if any one know the fix for this issue.

Best, Surendra