Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VHDCI for HP Proliant DL380 G4

Sallif
Occasional Visitor

VHDCI for HP Proliant DL380 G4

Hi;

I have a problem with the VHDCI port for HP Proliant DL380 G4 server. I has connect the Hard Drive cage with embedded simplex port 2 and external VHDCI port connected to Ultrium 2 1/8 autoloader. By booting up the the server with diagnostic CD I can see the port 1 detected the Ultrium 2 1/8 autoloader but from Windows 2003 server I can't see any new hardware detected.

My question is, can this external Ultrium
autoloader connect to the VHDCI port and how to make it available or detected by Widows 2003 server. For your info both of the scsi port is configured earlier for drive array with duplex embedded scsi cabling and I reconnect with simplex without reinstall the server.
3 REPLIES
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Re: VHDCI for HP Proliant DL380 G4

It seems not supported - from DL380G4 QuickSpec: "HP StorageWorks Autoloaders, External: 1/8 Tape Autoloader, 1 autoloader per SCSI channel, Controller - 64-Bit/133-MHz Single Channel Ultra320 SCSI HBA G2". Anyway try to install proper driver (HP StorageWorks Tape and Automation Device Driver Installer v 4.0) and HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools.
BR, Oleg.
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Sallif,

please read compatibility matrix before connecting Autoloaders or Libraries on SA Controllers

www.hp.com/go/connect

also have a look into the quickspec, which devices are suported on the SA6i Controller

WorldWide QuickSpecs - HP Smart Array 6i Controller
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12030_div/12030_div.HTML

Sure it may be possible to get the Loader running on the SA6i, but if u run into trouble ...

Cheers Mike

SPa
Trusted Contributor

Automation Devices as already stated are not supported on Smart Array Controllers.