Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare don't see HDD on the host

arnaudOCP
Occasional Visitor

VMWare don't see HDD on the host

Hello,

I'm trying to install VMWare ESX 6.0 U2 on a proliant DL 360 Gen9, but i cannot :-(

During installation i have to select the installation target, but i can't see my HDD (RAID1) on the host.

Please can you help me?

THX in advance.

4 REPLIES
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: VMWare don't see HDD on the host

hello

did you use intelligent provisionning for deploying ESXI in Gen9 (this is recommanded)

JY

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Probably the issue could be related to the HPE Smart Array Controllers (if any) used on the HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9: here an interesting VMware KB article.

Would be interesting to verify if the HPE Custom(ized) Image for ESXi 6.0 U2 Install CD image - available here (Release Notes available here) - suffers of the same problem or not.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

While I don't load VMware often, that KB is for v6.0. One would assume U2 has an updated driver to support the P440. However if your using the B140i Dynamic Smart Array, I think you will need to use the Custom image provided by HPE as the driver for the B140i isn't shipped with any OS.

HPE VMware image page

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/servers/solutions.html?compURI=1499005#tab=TAB4

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Yep but this (Updated Jun, 1st 2016) is about ESXi 6.0 after U1 was applied to a stock ESXi 6.0...and this, from HPE, also looks interesting (it's updated at June 9th, 2016) so it's a matter to understand if latest ESXi 6.0 U2 Custom Image latest build, if any (so any possible built done after April 2016), is eventually up-to-date against those issues...if we then look at ESXi 6.0 U2 Custom Image's build date we discover there is just one, the April, 7th 2016.