1751805 Members
5263 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent doesn't connect to a repository

dAncer

Version Control Agent doesn't connect to a repository

Hello!

I've just installed my first new ProLiant DL320 G5 using HP CD Ver 7.80. All agents including SNMP where installed whithout any errors. When I open System Management Homepage - I see a lot of information about my system. However, when I go to HP Version Control Agent -> Change Agent settings, and try to enter computer name (srvdc), account (I've created "vcrm" user with admin rights) - it continuously sais "The repository specified, srvdc, did not return a result". I see in the log this error:
Additional Data
Connection: close
Content-Length: 210
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:25:43 GMT
Location: /cpqlogin.htm?RedirectUrl=/vcrepository&RedirectQueryString=
Server: CompaqHTTPServer/9.9 HP System Management Homepage/2.1.8.179
Set-Cookie: Compaq-HMMD=0002-6d0b59d7-cd9b-c340-9af1-f170d6e0220d-1186003543546875; path=/

I browsed all the forum articles, tried to reinstall agent, e.t.c Nothing worked. Any ideas?

I even tried to install another server from the scratch - same problem. :-(

Please help!!!
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Can that system resolve srvdc as a hostname? Does it need the FQDN? Can you try the IP address?
dAncer

Yes, of course! This is the name of the machine all the software components running! I have JUST ONE server. (I saw previous posts about this name resolution issue with the design of many servers. Also I've set TRUST ALL in the security tab of HP System Manager)
dAncer

By the way, I tried the name "localhost", I tried FQDN "srvdc.kuc.local", I tried "127.0.0.1", I tried it's IP address "192.168.100.200" - SAME PROBLEM!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

For Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, you might be
unable to access the VCRM because Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server
2003 Service Pack 1implements a software firewall that prevents browsers or other clients from accessing the ports required for access to the VCRM. To resolve this issue, you must configure the firewall with exceptions to allow access through the ports used by HP SIM, VCA and other VCRMs.
To configure the firewall exceptions:
a. Select Start->Settings->Control Panel.
b. Double-click Windows Firewall to configure the firewall settings.
c. Select Exceptions.
d. Click Add Port.
You must enter the product name and the port number.
Add the following exceptions to the firewall protection:

HP SMH Insecure Port:2301

HP SMH Secure Port:2381

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

James.
dAncer

I am using Windows Server 2003 R2. I read about firewall problems, but I have a SWITCHED OFF firewall. So I don't think this is the issue... I can make You a remote desktop access if You could find the issue faster this way, and post the reply here rather than "guessing what is going on", because I tried everything I found posted here about this agent... ;) If RDP is OK, please write me email to jaroslavasp@hotmail.com - I will send You connection details.