6034 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Repository Manager

colin graham
Occasional Advisor

Version Control Repository Manager

Hello there,
I recently installed Insight Manager on our servers and dedicated 2 of them to the role of Repository.Every time I try to point and agent of any server to them I get the following error - The Version Control Repository Manager, at sph-gla-dc-01, could not be accessed using the specified account and password.I am deffinatly using the correct credentials that I used when I set it up so now I am at a loss.Can anyone offer any advice?
Much appreciated.
Colin Graham
6 REPLIES 6
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control Repository Manager

Colin, which account you use ?
Note you cannot use administrator username
(because of misconfigured VCRM could lock-out the OS administrator username)
Try to configure a separate local account on the VCRM Server (call it "vcadmin" for example) and then use that for the VCA's to access the VCRM.
I think the right forum for such questions is "HP Systems Insight Manager"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=455
colin graham
Occasional Advisor

Hi, thanks for your input.I have a domain admin account set up specifically for these taske named netadmin so I can't fathom why it refuses?
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Any errors in Event viewer (especially Security log) on VCRM server ?
We use local account on our VCRM server,
I saw in past some threads in "HP Systems Insight Manager" forum where peoples describe different problems with VCRM/VCA and domain account. Try to search this forum.
colin graham
Occasional Advisor

will do - thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

When specifying the username are you putting it into the format domainname\username. If the server with the VCRM is not a domain controller this may not work. Domain account names are not used, since there is no active directory integration yet for the agents (there is for SIM). The only time domain accounts will work with the agents is when there is no local account database (in the case of domain controllers).
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
colin graham
Occasional Advisor

Hi Terry. I'm not specifying the domain prefix as the server is a DC.