ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753971 Members
8451 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control and "P700m Clustering Support Software"

Version Control and "P700m Clustering Support Software"

VCA status always yellow (bothers a long time): "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows" should be updated, update fails because there is no P700m present. Versions: Win2008 R2, VCA 6.2.0.860, VCRM 6.2.1.861, SMH 6.2.2.7
10 REPLIES 10
Ali
HPE Pro

HI there,

it looks like wrong reporting.

what the version of HP management agents?
update the HP Insight management agent

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3628652&prodNameId=3628653&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=13&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-02150c03a6e7447c9297bb7065&mode=3

check if this software is there in program and features

restart snmp service and restart the server if possible

thanks,
aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The typical cause of this is when an image of some sort is used to deploy the server and the source image contained the offending hardware. The solution is to find the offending DLLs and drivers and to try and right-click and select uninstall.
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

This happens to me as well. I did not deploy these servers with an image....they were all built from scratch. Same versions as ZIM SuB. This is a Proliant bl460c blade server......actually, all of them show this and I have about 45 of them. It would be nice to get rid of this.
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

Actually, I just noticed something odd. The VCA shows HP Proliant Smart Array P700m Clustering software with an installed version of 1.3 and the latest version is 2.0.2. If I click on the link for 1.3 is shows me the release notes for HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update. I then click on the link for 2.0.2 and it shows the release notes for HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software. This sounds like a VCA or VCRM issue. Do you experience the same issue, ZIM SuB?

Of course all HP-Software is up to date, 'cause we're using Version-Control :-)
Problem shows up on almost every Server (>100). There isn't a "link" on V 1.3
VCA is showing:
HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows
Installed Version: 1.3.0.0
Latest Version: 2.0.2.0
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

Issue resolved. I followed the procedure of deleting cp012775 from the repository and the VCA now shows HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Storage-Area-Networks-SAN/Uninstall-HP-ProLiant-Smart-Array-P700m-Clustering-Support/m-p/4479888#M39801

Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

Issue not resolved. CP012775 re-downloaded again during the VCRM nightly sync. HP??? Input please.

Solution now working. (Dirty?) workaround to avoid re-downloading: place an empty file called cp012775.exe in repository.
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

good idea, I'm giving that a try right now.