1753706 Members
4775 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Video Driver Corruption (Part 2)

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Video Driver Corruption (Part 2)

Continuing the video driver/pcAnywhere issues described in "Video Driver Corruption". Text of the original discussion can be found below.

Thank you for the reply. I disabled the pcAnywhere service and rebooted the server. No change. I uninstalled pcAnywhere and rebooted the server. The server rebooted again into 640x480, 16 color resolution again. However, the option to set the resolution higher was once again available. When I attempted to up the resolution, the following error occured:

http://www.keplar.com/error.jpg

Reinstallation of the driver (taken from the atiintah.inf file) is listed as:

DriverVer = 04/27/2000, 5.00.2195.3247

Reinstallation of this driver corrected the issue. I am going to experiment with reinstallation of pcAnywhere today as well.

It would be nice to be able to remote control our Win2k servers. We've found Terminal Services to be a major step back in terms of funcationality. Several applications we've tested do not install using Terminal Services. And, given that our data center is half-way across town, remote control functionality is a top concern for us.

Additionally, pcAnywhere is Windows 2000 Certified; that's more then Compaq can say for it's drivers at the moment. What, specifically, is the issue with pcAnywhere? Also, why would the servers run fine for several weeks to months before having these problems?

According to Symantec technical support, this problem is not a known issue with pcAnywhere, and appears to be driver related. We require a fix to this issue as soon as possible

------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum ProLiant DL380 Windows 2000
Subject Video Driver Corruption
Author lkeplar on January 22,2001 4:53pm

On four of our six Windows 2000 Active Directory domain controllers (all are Win2k server on Proliant DL380s, none of the problem systems have RIBs) we are experiencing a video driver issue.
After 1-2 months of use, the video driver apparently stops working properly. The display settings are limited to 640x480, 16 colors. I have attempted to reinstall the video drivers from the latest SoftPaq download and from v4.8 and v4.9 SmartStart CD's.

Is this a known issue? If so, what is the proper resolution to it? Finally, when is Compaq going to have it's drivers certified and signed by Microsoft?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from: Phil Y on January 22,2001 10:54pm
We're told the driver signing is in progress. Have you checked to make sure you're not running PC ANYWERE as a service? if you are - disable the service to see what affect it has.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Video Driver Corruption (Part 2)

Please reference reply by Phil Y , in this thread .