1753670 Members
5372 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Video Drivers

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Video Drivers

We are currently re-building a ProLiant 5000, only to find that we cannot locate the correct device drivers for the on-board/built in graphics card!

I have no idea what the make or manuafacturer is as its built in! I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from the compaq site but they fail to work as well (ATI IIC and XL), I can however get it working using the Cirrus CL 52xx drivers within NT 4.0! but can only get the display to 256 by 640 x 480!

Does anybody have any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have the EXACT SAME problem. Been fighting it for quite a while. If you ever get an answer I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

It is definitely a CirrusLogic chipset, and I think it only has 512KB of RAM.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with two older Proliant 5000's. I have sent tech support requests to Compaq, and am waiting for a reply. If I find out what to do, I'll post it.
Jeremy Black
Frequent Advisor

I realize this might be an old topic, but I am using a Proliant 5000 for a test machine and am having the same driver problem. Compaq/HP does not list a Cirrus driver for this model server.
Help!
-Jeremy
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

HP does not provide Cirrus Logic Driver for Windows NT 4.0. Cirrus Logic has native support from NT. Usually if you use the detect feature in the display properties it loads the correct driver.
Below are the specs from the Set Up Guide:

All models of the Compaq ProLiant 5000 come with an Integrated Video
Controller that supports SVGA, VGA, EGA, and CGA graphics with the
following resolutions:
1024 x 768 non-interlaced resolution with 16 colors
800 x 600 non-interlaced resolution with 256 colors
640 x 480 VGA non-interlaced resolution with 256 colors

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/ProLiant5000-SetupInstallGuide.pdf
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Jeremy Black
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the ultra-quick reply. Actually, I am running Win2k Server on this box. The resolution at 800x600 is 16 colors with the current driver, which is the native one, display.inf. I would like to get it running at 800x600 with 16bit color or at least 256 colors if possible.
Thanks again...
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Jeremy,
Do you have any remote access software running on your server for example PCANYWHERE?? If you do then uninstall it first. Reload the video drivers and then reinstall the remote access software if any.

Regards,