1753797 Members
7575 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Video Flicker

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Video Flicker

I have 2 1850Rs that were remeoved from production (server data farm). In the midst of "refurbing" them, I test and upgrade all components. Upon initial boot, the servers don't. They power up, but after 30-60 seconds, the black screen flickers about once every 2 seconds. This video flicker happens on both the on-board video and the RIB, as well as the on-board with the RIB removed. I have tried it with a single 450mhz and dual. I have swapped the processors, the DC converters, the memory, the RIB (tried 3 new ones) and the power supply with no help. I can't find any documentation to support this condition. My first guess was a corrupt ROM necessitating system board replacement.
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Video Flicker

Hello,
What is your System BIOS date?? Start by clearing NVRAM, Rerun the System configuration Utility with SP19619(Downloadable from Compaq Site), Update the support Paq. Are you using KVM switch box?? If you are then try connecting the monitor directly to the server. If you need further assistance please contact our Technical Support at 1-800-OK-COMPAQ.

Regards,