1752790 Members
5753 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Video driver

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Video driver

Can you please tell me why the ATI IIC Rage driver that you have on your website cannot be installed on my Compaq ProLiant 3000 server? I run it through the installation process, I reboot the server, and after it's up, I go to the Display Control Panel to adjust the size and the colors, and I simply cannot. The settings are not adjustable, and strange strings are displayed instead of the resolution and the number of colors. I either have to click on Cancel or the Display Control Panel crashes and closes by itself. I've repeated this process several times and I got the same error.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Video driver

Hi rpop,

Sorry, I've got no solution for you. I'm stuck with the same problem. Server was having some stange problem so I decided to update the video card drivers. Since then, I've been stuck with the poor resolution and NO solution !!

If you find something, please e-mail solution to michel.bousquet@qc.croixbleue.ca .

If I find something, I'll let you know on this forum.

Mike.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Video driver

Hi again,

I've found old SmartStart drivers that work just fine. If you want them (6 or 7 files), e-mail me your address and I'll send you a zip file.

Mike