1753731 Members
4901 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Video

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Video

Good evening gentlemen. I am fortunate enough to have a server donated to me for application testing. I would like to change the video adapter in the machine as the on board cirrus cannot handle the requirements of either win2000 or some of the web application testing I will be doing. I have tried to install an ATI AT52SP-3D-PCTV card in the machine but when I do the Smart 2DH Array Ctlr. no longer functions at boot and the system cannot find any drives. If I run the smartstart config the autodetect plug and play utility hangs. The machine returns to normal after I remove the ATI card and re-enable the onboard video switch. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Glenn
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Video

Remember that this is a very old PCI system and does NOT support the latest PCI standards (firmware will not help - the chipset's too old). Many modern PCI video cards won't work in it. Try using an older design like an older Matrox PCI card, or maybe an older ATI...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Video

Thanks Ron,

You were right. I dug up an old Cirrus 1Meg PCI Card I had laying around collecting dust and it seems to be working. At least I can escape the 640x480 256 color mode.

Thanks Again
Glenn