108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: W2003 server hp branded????

SOLVED
Go to solution
Malick gueye

W2003 server hp branded????

Hi
trying to install windows server 2003 on ML370 G3 with u320 smart card, a message prompt me to insert the appropriate CD.
My CD isn't an HP branded one.
Please help me.
7 REPLIES 7
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Use Smart start cd 5.50 or later.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

I assume you are using the smart start CD; you do not need a HP branded OS cd. Depending on the version of SmartStart and the kind of licensing you have from Microsoft you need to select the correct version of the OS you are installing during the smart start install process.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Malick gueye

my version of smartstart is 6.4. The only option for the windows 2003 server is the hp branded one. The version i want to install is windows server 2003 standard.

HP technical support suggest to boot directly from CDrom with the W2k3 cd, but the message " no disk drive " is propmted
cause i have a smart card installed.

Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

In your smart start process choose the "Manual Setup". After the server is configured you'll reboot w/ your 2003 server CD.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

are you installing a non-english version of Windows 2003? If so, using SmartStart 6.40 will not work. If you select English as the language in SmartStart, it would give you the option to use a normal Windows 2003 CD (not an HP branded one), but if your Windows CD is not english, it will give an error during Windows setup, and you won't be able to continue.
To get around this, put the SmartStart 6.40 in a normal PC, and run the w2k3drvrs.bat file from the punchout directory. This will create a driver diskette for your Smart Array controller. Boot your server from the Win2003 CD, and press F6 when asked if you want to add a 3rd party SCSI driver. Then it will ask for the driver disk you just created. This should get you past the "no disk drive" error. When Windows is then setup you can apply the SupportPack from SmartStart or download it.

Regards,
Stephen
Malick gueye

GREAT!!!!!!!!
Thank you stephen, your solution works propely. I have installed W2k3 french in 90 minits.
You do my deal
Thank for ALL.
Merci beaucoup a tous.

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Malick:

Please read this and consider assigning points. Thanks. I noticed you're a new user and I assume you're not familiar with the point system.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger