1752782 Members
6279 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: W2K AS Install fails on DL580 G1

Kris Kedzierski
Occasional Advisor

W2K AS Install fails on DL580 G1

I'm trying to install W2K AS and everytime it gives me BSOD after full with "Innaccessibel Boot Device" error. Config is as follows: 4x700 Xeons, 4GB Ram, 4x 18.2Gb configured as RAID5. I have drivers for the Integrated Smart Array Controller from SSD for NT4.0 which I put in via F6 in the begging of install. I tried both manual install and assisted with SmartStart 5.50 both end in the same BSOD. Both the BIOS and SA were flashed with latest revisions. What do you I need to do to get it going ???
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Kris,
This error could be due to the firmware on the Integrated Array controller being out of date.
Follow this link please and update the firmware.
Do you know what version it is presently at?
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14985.html

Please keep me posted.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Kris Kedzierski
Occasional Advisor

Integrated SA has ROM 1.5 that was upgraded from SmartStart 6.0 CD I'm not sure if the Install failing has anything to do with the fact, that by the end of install one or two drives get the red light on as if they were broken, but when it reboots after the BSOD the drives come back online.

Thanks
Kris
Kris Kedzierski
Occasional Advisor

Hello again

Also regarding the ROM on the controller how can I tell the difference between 1.50A and 1.50B ? Also how would I upgrade it say from DOS?

Thanks
Kris
Kris Kedzierski
Occasional Advisor

I've started another thread with more details if anyone is interested in solving this :))
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x150a5bd3782dd711abdc0090277a778c,00.html