1748099 Members
5837 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

WHICH DRIVER FOR ARCSERVE

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

WHICH DRIVER FOR ARCSERVE

Installed arcserve 6.6 with all the patches and updates, i have a Compaq wide/ultra2 scsi controller, ( the one that comes with the ml330) using the cpqscsi driver. the o/s is running perfectly and i can see the tape drive in the console manager. but i don't know which shared/nwaspi driver to use, the hard disk is scsi id=0 and the tape is scsi id=2, but arcserve reports that it cannot initialiaze the board.
as a matter of fact the arcserve installer tells you which files to load before using the compaq drivers, but of the 3 compaq boards that arethere, none use cpqscsi, they only have the cpqs710 and the cpqs9 something, both drivers do not see the card in the ml-330. I have even tried the adaptec aspi manager, but arcserve cannot see the board
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: WHICH DRIVER FOR ARCSERVE

You do not want to mix the .HAM and .DSK drivers. If you are using CPQSCSI.HAM for the controller, then you would use NWAPSI.NLM for the tape drive. If you are using CPQS710.dsk for the controller, then you want to use CPQSASPI.NLM for the tape drive. Make sure you are running the latest COMPAQ Patches (SP14416.exe @ www.compaq.com).