ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY LOGICAL DRIVE DISABLED WHEN I HAD RAID ADG ??

Zubair Alam
Advisor

WHY LOGICAL DRIVE DISABLED WHEN I HAD RAID ADG ??

Hi All,
We have MSA 1000 + DL 380 G4 server + WINDOWS 2003 . In MSA 1000 we have 146 gb * 12 Drives , 8 Drives for DFS and Email Data Server and 4 Drives for Database server. we configured 2 Arrays
Array A contains 2 logical ( 4 + 4 HDs)(DFS + Email servers)
Array B contains 1 logical drive ( Database server)
Today system was not showing any light on 3 drives from Array A and partition drive for both server was gone. I mean no green or red.
I rebooted server and MSA then system showed 1 Hard drive of Bay 5 is faulty and both logical drive of array A was disabled .
I replaced the Hard drive and re enabled the logical drive.
Data partition came back again but all user data was gone.
I used one of third party recovery software to recover user data but it recovered some how but many file was corrupted.
Is there any who can help why logical drive disabled when I had configured RAID-ADG ?????

2 REPLIES
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Re: WHY LOGICAL DRIVE DISABLED WHEN I HAD RAID ADG ??

Hi,
According to your information you must have 2 seperate RAID ADG volumes. one disk on each volume should be on stand-by means that no LED is on until an online disk failure occurs and the spare disk takes its place. In this case there seems to be a problem with the controller or the backplane as there was no disk failure so no point of the spare disk to come up, run the ADU and send the report, i hope it might help
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Zubair Alam
Advisor

Re: WHY LOGICAL DRIVE DISABLED WHEN I HAD RAID ADG ??

Hi ,
Yes we have RAID ADG.Sending you ADU Log file.