1753797 Members
7622 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Want to use the AGP slot

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Want to use the AGP slot

When I install a Voodoo AGP video card, the system does not come up and beeps the alarm.
Do I need to install a specific video card? If so, which one?
Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to use the AGP slot

I am installing the same card and I wondered if you disabled the inboard video card? Go to the Tech Pub, Ch 4: Connectors, Switches, Jumpers and LED's at www5.compaq.com/support/techpubs/maintenance_guides/388533-001.html and on page 4-6 you will see a picture of the system configuration switch. On table 4-5 you want to turn off switch 1 which will disable the embedded video card. Hope this solves your problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to use the AGP slot

Compaq Engineering has not tested the Voodoo AGP video card in the Prosignia 720 model so we do not have any installation or compatibility information. If the new video card has a ROM that is larger than 32k, the ROM address used by the video card can step on an address that is already in use by the system ROM. This will case the system to be unbootable. Try upgrading the system ROM to the latest version before you install the video card. You can download the system ROM update disk at this web address.
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/7555.html