ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752565 Members
5440 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warranty check, how?

Daniel_363

Warranty check, how?

Hello, my company recently bought a HP Proliant DL360 G4 with 2x300 GB U320 SCSI disks.

After a while I noticed that the warning led started flasing on one of the disks, raid1, and the raid controller gave me a warning at boot that one of the disks was about to fail.

Does anyone know who I shold turn to with warrany? I googled and I think HP used some other companys disks.

Any way to check if the disk still is covered by the warranty?
15 REPLIES 15
Daniel_363

I should add that we've never worked with this kind of servers before and never with HP so that is why I ask this question.

Aside from the disk who is about to crash the server has worked just great.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Daniel,

The disks and server will definitely be covered by warranty as they are so new.

I noticed you were based in Sweden. The following support link may help. You will need the server serial number to log a call with HP.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/se/sv/contact_us.html

I hope this helps.

Brian
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You should only have to deal with HP regarding this (regardless of where the drives came from). Unless the server manufacturers make their own drives, then they will all use some other company's disks.

You can also log a call through Support Case Manager here:
http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/mcm/countrySelection.do?locale=en_us&seriesID=316529&admit=-1335382922+1130861049747+28353475
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Paul Slater_4
Advisor

Daniel_363

Thank you for your help. So I can check the warranty online?

I'm looking at the disk and I can't really find any numbers that say Product or Serial number. Tried some of the numbers but that only gave me error 214 and couldn't find any images that showed what number they want me to enter.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

There should be a label on the top of the drive with the HP logo and a barcode. This will usually be a blue or pink color.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Daniel_363

I don't know if I'm just getting the numbers wrong but I tried entering the SN from the blue label on the disk and the message I got was this:

Product or part not eligible for warranty (214)

So does this mean that my drive is not covered by warranty or that I've just got the numbers wrong?

My info:
Serial Number SGE503D2DX (This is what is says on the blue label on the disk right after SN:)
Product Number 360205-014 (Don't know if I've got this one right. It says that on the drive right after HP P/N:)
Tim Benton
Occasional Advisor

Daniel,
When you buy an HP server, the warranty covers all the components installed in the server. The server s/n is the only important number you need.

The SCSI drives (hotswap) have an HP SP (spare part) number on the bottom of the drive, usually at the end with the insertion handle. This part number would be used to replace the failing drive once your server warranty is gone. Been there, done that!
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Daniel,

The OPTION (or Sales) part number for your drive is 350964-B22. The corresponding SPARE (or replacement) part number is 351126-001. This SPARE part number is the one which HP will issue to you probably being delivered by courier unless you request an engineer to fit it.

The number you quoted earlier 360205-014 is an assembly number used in manufacturing only.

When you enter the details online it should accept the OPTION part number above 350964-B22 together with the serial number of the drive.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Brian