cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Warranty

I have purchased but not received a Used Proliant 3000 6/450 X 2. The current owner assures me the server has one year remaining on the system. It appears that I may not received the original docuentation. Will Compaq honor the remaining warranty and what method will I use to transfer it to my name.
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Warranty

Yes Compaq will honour the remaining warranty. You can tell the ammount of warranty on the older systems i.e. this one by checking the first four digits of the serial number eg if they are 8848 ignore the first digit the second one represents 98 as in 1998 and the 3rd and 4th represent the week of manufacture out of 52. they will give you three years warranty from this date plus three months (for most of the proliant range). The three months is to cover warehousing shipping etc. If you have a proof of purchase stating that the machine was originally purchased outside of this three month window period have it available as you'll have to fax it through to get the warranty. Don't worry about registering as the helpdesk will calculate the warranty on this basis automatically.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Please call the Customer Support Center to verify , warranties as I understand are not transferreable .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I couldn't find any information about tranferring warranty, but you can purchase a CarePaq for installed servers/storage and post-warranty servers/storage. Use the following link, but you can often purchase these cheaper through a VAR rather than direct from Compaq http://www.compaq.com/services/carepaq/us/hardware/cp_installed.html.